MMJ Pictures & a Brigid show this weekend (singing AND cooking!)

I'm glad I waited to post pictures until I saw the photos David took from the My Morning Jacket show. David is not only a better photographer than I am, he is also about eight inches taller. Looking at his pictures makes me realize that he saw an entirely different show than wee little Brigid did. Rather than a VIP section, venues should make a VSP section for those under 163 centimeters (Go Metric.)

Here's what the concert looked like from my vantage point:

Here's what David saw:

And this:

Slight difference, eh? And I thought I had good seats.

Also, check out the size of the disco ball at the venue. Do you think it was made in Louisville? I like to think so.


And a few links of love now: Southern Indiana area folks, a friend of mine is having a photography opening tonight. He's taken some great photos at several of my gigs, and I wish I could be there to support his other photography. If you are near Milltown, Indiana, here are the details. If that link doesn't work, it's from 5:00-10:00 at Blue Heron Gallery & Arts Market, 129 W. Main St, Milltown, IN.

British friends, I'm playing at the wonderful Musicport Festival on Saturday. It's in lovely Bridlington, England. David will be doing a Tex-Mex cooking demonstration on Sunday afternoon, and I will be there to "help" him.

If you're in Los Angeles, go hear Peter Searcy tonight at a house concert in a gorgeous house in the Hollywood Hills. I wish I could be there. I miss Peter.

Whatever you do, have an adventurous weekend!

0 comments