Sudafed & Derby = Spring.

Su-su-sudafed! That a little Phil Collins-esque ditty I've been singing for the past few weeks, while most of Louisville is complaining that it's summer already. My sinuses disagree.

It's definitely spring, and for me that means finally admitting that I'm not all put-together organized like I promised I'd be at the beginning of the year. My taxes are finished, however, and I even paid my first quarter estimates (as opposed to hopping a plane to Paris instead). So I'm pretty much a full-fledged grown-up.

There are all kinds of exciting music-related events going on in the coming weeks. I'm actually PLAYING A SHOW IN LOUISVILLE. I know you all seem to think that I still play every Sunday at Air Devil's Inn (that's been more than a few years now), but that's not true. I've only played one real show so far this year, and that was in January. But yay for Derby.

You'll get a chance to catch my full band at the Waterfront for the Fest-a-Ville on Monday, May 2, from 6:00-8:00. Then you can see me do a sensitive (ha!) solo show at Jim Porter's opening for Suzy Bogguss on Wednesday, May 4. If you're not interested in my music, but you just want to look at me and wave, you can catch me on Saturday, April 30, playing piano in Peter Searcy's band at Zazoo's.

After Derby madness resides, I'm thinking of doing an intimate show as a Kickoff to my UK tour. Anyone have a venue in mind? Last time I played an all-request house concert the evening before my flight to Europe. I'd love to do something like that again, or maybe a show in a nice theatre-like setting. Who's got an idea? I'm thinking Monday, May 16? Maybe Tuesday the 17?

0 comments