Wales is always the craziest part of my UK tours. Whether it's a bizarre snow-globe type of village, a dragon crossing, or street signs with 6 F's and 4 L's, it's always an adventure. One night in Wales during my 2008 tour, I swore allegiance to Liverpool's football/soccer team because a batty old Welsh lady threatened my life if I didn't.
I take my vows very seriously, and since I promised her I would always root for Liverpool, I spent the next weeks after my tour researching Liverpool's team. For Christmas that year, my dad even got me a Liverpool t-shirt, and I like to mention that Steven Gerrard is my favorite player whenever it comes up in conversation. I don't have the right TV channels to actually follow Liverpool soccer, but if you ask me who I like best, I won't hesitate.
Anyway, my thoughts on The World Cup this year.
1) I felt bad for Rio when I heard the he hurt his knee, but I was secretly excited for Stevie G. to be the new captain.
2) I love that games can end in a tie. It's sort of like everyone getting an award just for showing up. But I've never liked playing competitive sports, so the idea of a tie is nice.
3) I think all sports commentators should have Scottish accents. It makes these games so much more fun to watch.
4) I understand the geography, but it still blows my mind that South Africa is only one-hour time difference from England.
5) I don't have World Cup Fever yet, but I'm trying. Must find my Liverpool t-shirt.
6) I'm playing a fancy wedding tomorrow in The Hamptons, and I'm wondering how many guests will sneak to the hotel bar to watch the US/England game.
7) Is it wrong to be for England? I mean, I SWORE allegiance to Liverpool. I'm telling you, this Welsh lady was really scary.
Did y'all see that video of the turtle with a straw up its nose? It made its way around Facebook about a year ago, and it has haunted m...
Gooooood Monday morning, y'all! I'm writing from the Norton Cancer Institute where, for the first time in months, I'm able to ac...
They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. Well, I've been taking a yoga class 6-7x a week since January 4, and guess what ... I feel be...
All that boasting about my newfound daily yoga practice yesterday, and I skipped this morning! But I was helping my mom take a 3-hr test tha...