Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Best present ever.

A lot of people ask me, "How do you find the time to keep that blog of yours?" Well, they have a good point. I have been stupid-busy lately, and I've been a bad, bad, bad blogger. I'm sorry. I'm determined to get back on track, focus, and keep a routine.

I generally dislike routine. In fact, if I saw a Facebook page called "routine," and there was that elusive "dislike" button, then I would click on that. That's how passionate I am about disliking it. But I can understand how it makes like a bit easier.

In related news, I got a DISHWASHER!!! This is possible the best present ever. After returning from a month in Europe, I wandered back into my house, expecting the messy nonsense and disarray in which I left it, and there, shining and, I swear, with a choir of angels singing around it, was a shiny new dishwasher. Well, technically, it's slightly used, but it's definitely shiny, and it works magic, I tell you, magic.

Even though, I suppose it's technically a vacuum-cleaner present (you know, like how you're not supposed to get things like vacuums or blenders for your birthday), I just about cried when I saw it. I did my first load last week, and I was so amazed by how sparkling the forks were that I decided to wash all of the silverware immediately.

I am so excited about all the free time I'll have now that I don't have to stand at the sink and grumble and scrub, thinking about all the more amazing things I could be doing rather than dishes. Maybe I'll actually have time to keep up this blog.

1 comment:

  1. A dishwasher really is the best present ever! Close runners up include food processors and stand mixers. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Kindergarten and Cargo Bikes!

My wee boy started KINDERGARTEN this week! It's great to have him back on a schedule because he loves routine and structure and rules an...