UK Tour update.


Every time I play a show, I have a new favorite city. It's probably wise that i booked my last show in Edinburgh, seeing as Edinburgh is usually my standard answer to the question, "What's your favorite city in the world?" These last few days on the Isle of Islay and the Isle of Mull have been pretty amazing as well though.

Last night's show at The Craignure Inn was fantastic. My voice hurts from the singing and talking, but I feel like I know half the island now. I love that every morning we wake up, venture about the town and on to our next destination ... and somehow we run into friends we made the night before. This morning on the walk to the ferry (yes, we have been on four ferries thus far), a tour bus driver popped his head out and said, "Crackin' good time last night, thanks!" Then we stopped at the little shop on the ferry (these ferries are like small cruise ships), and the shop worker said he'd been listening to Butch's CD.

By the way, a big thank you to all who have bought CDs along the way. It really helps with our travel costs, which are ridiculous. We aren't used to paying $5 a gallon for gas when we're on the road, even though I kind of think Americans should be paying more. That's another argument and another blog...

Tonight we are in Inveraray, Scotland, a lovely town in between the Hebrides and Glasgow. We head to Glasgow tomorrow, so tell your friends there to be at the Liquid Ship on Great Western Road around 8:30. It's a free show, and we're selling CDs cheap so we don't have to take them home with us.

0 comments