I don't run ... Ummm, I mean sure I do.

I was at a function last week ("function" -- doesn't that sound important?) when I saw someone I went to high school with. We weren't friends then, not for any other reason than she a few classes older, and I figured she didn't know who I was. But I smiled at her and she introduced herself asking if I was Brigid. Then after a minute of catching up, she said, "Do you run?"

This made me almost choke on my green chili wonton because, my faithful blog readers, you know how I feel about running. I giggled and told her, "No, I don't run. I'm a terrible runner. I can't run a mile. I don't want to."

She said, "Oh, I could have sworn I saw you this week out running. I even thought, 'Wow, Brigid Kaelin runs. I should run too.'"

Then, suddenly I remembered the afternoon I ate 5 Samoas and 10 Thin Mints and had the sudden urge to run around the block. It was either a massive sugar rush or (more likely) the pure guilt of having eaten 15 Girl Scout cookies in 10 minutes.

I asked her where I'd been running ... and indeed, it was in my neighborhood, in that random 3-minute jog. Makes me look good, eh? Or at the very least, inspirational... but then I 'fessed up about the Girl Scout Cookie Incident, and I think she felt much better about herself after that.

That's me -- out to make people feel good. Just let me know how I can help. I'll just be here, with the last 5 Samoas staring at me.

0 comments