Food-related Sports: I'm in!

Have you seen that new Visa commercial? The one with the pizza dough acrobat who doesn't just throw the dough in the air, but tosses it behind his back and does all kinds of tricks? It was so neato that I had to Google it to find out where that pizzeria is. It's not real, of course, just a studio, but the guy in the commercial is apparently on the U.S. Pizza Team.

I'll say that again, in case you missed it: there is a U.S. Pizza Team. Extrapolate from that, if you will, and you'll conclude that other countries have Pizza Teams as well.

www.uspizzateam.com

I like an event that combines athletics and food. One cancels out the other, and it brings a sort of balance to life. It's all very zen, I think.

If enough countries start Pizza Teams, will this be a demonstration event at the 2012 Summer Olympics? Or do you think it's more of a Winter Event because pizza is such a good cold-weather dinner menu?

I think I'm going to practice juggling bagels. Maybe I can start the Bagel Team.

0 comments