Endorsements in exchange for stuff.

I was just reading about the new FTC rule about how bloggers who endorse products must subsequently disclose which items they get for free, or face an $11,000 fine per incident. My first reaction wasn't about the reach of the law or how blogging has apparently gone mainstream enough to face a governing body. Rather, it was this: I could get free stuff?!?!

I'm going to follow the FTC laws like an obedient puppy. If you all would please start sending me free stuff, then I'll blog about it. Obviously, I'll have to disclose that it was a bribe, but that's okay with me. I can be honest.

Right now the things I'm considering endorsing that it would be GREAT if you could please just send over for my perusal are: a new Volvo Wagon, preferably one that runs on vegetable oil; a pair of cross-training shoes, size 6.5EEEE (yes, I have wide feet); the new re-mastered Beatles box set (both stereo and mono so I can write up a good comparison); a couch and love-seat; a flat-screen TV (as big as possible); various in-wall speakers and sound systems; a new iPod; some personal transportation devices like a Vespa or moped; and new pots and pans.

I'm a completely open-minded blogger, so if there's anything you'd like me to endorse that's not on the list, just send it on over. P.O. Box 4005, Louisville, KY 40204. I'll see what I can do.

0 comments