Wow, so yesterday's blog had my stomach in knots, worried that I'd upset my friends, and I couldn't concentrate all day long. So much for being a politician, right? I obviously cannot handle the stress of offending folks and/or being misinterpreted. The whole thing was meant to be about missing the Plugged-In section and wasn't intended to start a local Alt-Weekly Duel.
I do, however, want to thank approximately FIFTY people who emailed me privately (wishing to remain anonymous) and thanked me for yesterday's blog.
Now for today's completely sophomoric blog, an online quiz/survey thing:
1. What time did you get up this morning? 8:03 am
2. How do you like your steak? I haven't had a steak since I was 15. Je suis vegeterienne.
3. What was the last movie you saw? Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
4. What is your favorite TV show? Mr. Ed.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Edinburgh or Amsterdam.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Pineapple and a brownie.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Italian. Or Mexican.
8. What foods do you dislike? Meat. And sun-dried tomatoes.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Anywhere in New York City.
10. Favorite dressing? Goddess dressing.
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? David's Truck or my dad's Volvo or Charles's Smart Car or Jen's Jeep, all of which get better gas mileage than my VW Golf.
12. What are your favorite clothes? Sundresses.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Everywhere. I'm thinking Australia next. Or Argentina.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Full, of course.
15. Where would you want to retire? The Netherlands.
16. Favorite time of day? Sunset.
17. Where were you born? Louisville
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Cricket because it makes no sense, and soccer because it makes lots of sense.
19. Who do you think will not tag you back? I'm not tagging, sorry
20. Person you expect to tag you back first? I'm not tagging, sorry
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? N/A
22. Bird watcher? No, though I did recently acquire a birdfeeder. And when I was a kid, my favorite book was The North American Field Guide of Birds.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? I alternate, but mostly a night person.
24. Do you have any pets? No. Guinness lives with my parents now where he is spoiled.
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Nope, my life is totally private. Ha.
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A rock star. And the President.
27. What is your best childhood memory? They were all either good or amusing.
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Dog.
29. Are you married? No.
30. Always wear your seat belt? Yes
31. Been in a car accident? Yes, but only when someone else was driving.
32. Any pet peeves? People who get in the left lane at a red light, then wait to put on their left turn signal until the light turns green. Also, when Friend-Who-Cooks-Pancakes touches me. That bugs me. Even when it's accidental. I'm always yelling,"Don't touch me!"
33 Favorite Pizza Toppings? Pineapple and mushroom. I am not joking. Try being single for a while and you'll discover some amazing pizza flavors you'd never dare order when in a group.
34. Favorite Flower? Lilies. Oriental and Calla. I like a good rose too.
35. Favorite ice cream? Mint Chocolate Chip.
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Qdoba
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Zero times.
38. From whom did you get your last email? Kirsten, about doing a show in Louisville together to release her new CD
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Some music equipment store. I was gonna say Guitar Emporium, but I need a keyboard too. And another accordion.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? I skipped down the block this morning. That was fun.
41. Like your job? Yes.
42. Broccoli? Looooooooove broccoli.
43. What was your favorite vacation? The spontaneous weekend trip to Amsterdam back in June.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? David.
45. What are you listening to right now? NPR.
46. What is your favorite color? I always say purple, but really it's red.
47. How many tattoos do you have? None. My canvas is too busy with freckles.
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? I'm not tagging.
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 9:13am
50. Coffee Drinker? Decaf. (Sorry, I'm wired enough naturally.)
My wee boy started KINDERGARTEN this week! It's great to have him back on a schedule because he loves routine and structure and rules an...
We were both so so so excited on election day at 9am. What a depressing week last week was. I'm still in denial. Followed by massive...
Our 3.5 year old was born in a Birthing Centre in Edinburgh, Scotland, where the majority of births are attended by midwives. This is not t...
One of my craziest appearances was when I was maybe 4 months postpartum with my firstborn and did my first public appearance in the United S...