March forth! and more fun with the calendar.

Current mood:sleepy
I woke up this morning at 3:45 reeeeeeeeally thirsty. Typically, when this occurs, I get a glass of water, chug it, and fall right back asleep. This morning, however, I could not go back to sleep. I tried counting sheep, but that only made me think of Scotland, which made me think of how Lyzz is going to Scotland next week, and how I am going to Texas to housesit for her, and how I'm going to eat nachos everyday in Austin, and see all my music/radio conference buddies at South by Southwest, and then how I should really get started on a new record so I have something to show them, and crap! how am I still awake?!?!?

One thing cheered me up when I finally got out of bed. Today is my favorite day of the year. MARCH FORTH!!! Note the pun. It is the only day of the year that is also a command. Sure, you polemical types could argue that March Second! and March Thirty-First! are also commands, but that would be silly. Nothing beats March FORTH! (By the way, it always bothers me that there are 31 days in March. "March" is such a short name that I think it should've been the one to get 28 days. Or even 30, but definitely not 31.)

March is actually quite a fun month for nerds like me.

Yesterday was 3/3/9, or Square Root Day, if you will. The next one will not occur until 4/4/16. Then 5/5/25. I wonder how many Square Root Days I will live to see?

My dog, alas, will likely only live to see yesterday's. He's not sick, but he is six. And Great Danes don't live so long. This is not a total non-sequitor, as today is Guinness's Sixth birthday! Born on March Forth! He was destined for greatness.

If we want to have further fun with March numbers, let's talk about Pi Day! Next Saturday, March 14 (3/14), is Pi Day. I'll be on tour on the way down to Austin that day. Maybe instead of making mix tapes, I'll calculate and recite Pi all the way down there. What a celebration we shall have!

Oooh oooh, even more .. the Ides of March then follow on Sunday, March 15, which, although generally not scary, could prove forboding for me if I follow the Recitation-of-Pi challenge because my Travel Partner/Chauffeur just might throw me out the window for doing that.

Maybe I can convince him to stop for a slice of Pie (at 1:59 obviously) somewhere near Texarkana. Not because there's anything remotely significant about Texarkana. I just like saying Texarkana. (Texarkana.)

Pie sounds good right now. So does a nap. Maybe I can recite Pi next time instead of counting sheep.

March forth, everyone!!

0 comments