Why I prefer herbal medicine.

Category: Life

(Updated Link to my gift registry, hee hee)

My back has been killing me for the past week. It gets better with activity and is horrible in the morning. My symptoms are right on track with the back pains of most accordion players.

Last night, I couldn't take it anymore, and I finally took a prescription pain pill.

I've got a good friend who once got so high on Ambien that she adopted one of those Sally Struthers kids from Africa while watching TV at 4am and had absolutely no memory of it. She was too embarrassed to cancel the monthly fee when the credit card company explained what it is. I think she still receives the occasional letter from her little African child.

I didn't go that far last night, but apparently, I spent a lot of time browsing Amazon.com. I also discovered that you can create a "Wish List" for absolutely no reason. No wedding, no housewarming, no baby shower -- just a list of things you want. I vaguely remember thinking that this is a brilliant idea.

So here's what happens when a good-non-drug-taking girl takes an Oxycontin:http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/31IMIJ5QBYWPD
No pressure, folks, but just in case you thought you might need to get me a Mardi Gras present, my wish list inclues the entire Oxford English Dictionary, as well as the more compact comes-with-a-magnifying-glass type. And a Snuggie.

I'm off to get a medicinal massage now. Money better spent. The pharmaceutical companies just want me to consume.

0 comments