Restless.

About once a year, I take a Meyers-Briggs test. It's different every time. It always feels like I know exactly the right answer to choose to get the desired score. Sort of like a Cosmo Quiz, or answering the essay question with what the professor wants to hear. My best subject in life was always school, so getting the appropriate score on the Meyers-Briggs personality test is fun game to me.

I'm a "Thinker," by nature, but i'm a Thinker who wants desperately to be a "Feeler." So I live like a "Feeler," and on tonight's personality test, i was an ENFJ. Last time i was an INTP. It's more fun to live like a Feeler. Then you get to order the Bourbon Ball Pancakes on a Wednesday afternoon, just because you feel like it. When I'm living that way, it's like being in the circus. The good kind of circus.

I've been over-thinking everything, to the point that I feel kind of crazy. Of course, I'm surrounded by musicians all the time, most of whom are probably certifiable. You kind of have to be to do this by choice. I can understand why most of the world self-medicates, whether it's smoking a joint or popping a Prozac. Tonight, my drug of choice is a glass of White Shiraz, borrowed from my neighbor, since it's Sunday and I couldn't buy a bottle of wine in Kentucky.

I think that part of why my head is spinning is that I've been in Louisville for almost two weeks now. I am going insane from being in one place. Yesterday's jaunt to Bloomington was well-needed, but didn't really count as a road trip.

Usually, when my head starts spinning, I escape with a 19th-century British novel. The problems of that era are so simple and charming. It's easy to get lost within them, and forget about all the wackiness of our own world which we have so brilliantly messed up.

I'm reading The Thirteenth Tale right now, (a new novel, not 19th century) which is doing an OK job of getting me out of my head. But whenever I close the pages, I'm right back to head-spinning.

I'm ready to hit the road again. I don't care if I'm playing accordion in the band, selling merch, doing publicity, or tour managing. I'll do any of those things, although honestly, I hate selling merch. I'd rather play music. Or at least just bring me along. I promise to be charming and entertaining and supply plenty of interesting facts about roadside attractions.

Apologies for the extremely introverted blog. Most of my friends can't handle the thought of living out of a suitcase and a van, but that's really the only thing that sedates me these days. It's better than a glass of White Shiraz anyday.

Wherever and whomever you are, I hope to come visit you soon.

You might notice the United Kingdom tour-dates on my myspace page. My passport is valid, and I can't wait to hop the plane to Europe. If you live over there, or you have friends who do .. please drop me a line. I'd love to meet up with whomever. I'm really a very chipper person ...

Read more: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=19356498&blogId=410455044#ixzz0tZcLfYvI

0 comments