Zombies and Why I Would Never Survive the End of the World

Zombies and Why I Would Never Survive the End of the World
Current mood: angsty
Jason and Patrick at JR's Vovo fixed my brake lights in about 15 minutes. It was some sort of part that starts with an "A" and isn't the brake lightswitch. I think the name was "Aggresive" or "Assertive" or "Appendix." I have no idea because I am NOT mechanically inclined.

This really bothers me.

I think I am a talented person. I can do things. I can yodel. I can play the accordion and the piano at the same time. I can bake killer desserts. I can do my taxes. I can draw and paint pretty well. I can write HTML. I understand that leaving the stove on, even "just on low," while you run to the grocery, is a bad idea (Rachel). I can remember birthdays of people I went to third grade with. I have a thing for memorizing area codes. I can type 120+ words per minute.

But tell me, what practical use are ANY of these skills at the end of the world?

On Peter Searcy's tour bus, i developed a fondness for zombie movies. Peter and I listened to the World War Z Podcast and discussed various tactics for surviving a zombie attack. We wondered if we would survive. I have no doubt that Peter would be the hero of the movie/armageddon, battling zombies and resourcefully figuring out ways to maintain electricity and running water. I mean, the last time I talked to him, he was laying hardwood flooring. He has skills!

Me, however? I would be a total drag. I would be that annoying girl in the movie who can't even fix her brake lights. I hope the zombies don't come. They would eat my brains first. Oh wait, zombies don't eat brains. What do they do? See, I can't even figure out how zombies work.

0 comments