Things I'm doing

Things i’m doing
Current mood: jolly
- Learning to play Chopin's Minute Waltz in under Two Minutes. This way, if i'm ever playing a radio program where I run out of songs with exactly Two Minutes left, I'll have the perfect piece to play. And it's in the public domain because it was written B.C. (before copyright). The metronome is my best friend.

- Almost finishing my record. I have a duet i'm putting on there, and i've been trying to find the perfect surprise guest for the CD. My goal is to have whomever i choose recorded by January 5. It's the only thing left to record. Duets are really difficult to write. I'm pickier than usual about my lyrics because someone else has to sing part of them. I wonder if Elvis Costello is available.

- Promising my dog that I'm going to take him on a walk everyday. It doesn't seem to matter to him if i walk him around the block or around the neighborhood. He's happy either way.

- Looking for a 6-pin to 6-pin firewire cable that has vanished from my house. This is the only thing I don't like about having roommates. Not that they have done anything with this said cable ... but sometimes things are put in places that i would never look. This makes me wonder if it's even worth beginning a search. But i really need the cable, and i really don't want to go buy another one.

- Trying to choose a photo and graphic designer for my record cover. I'm out of money, and i hate asking professionals to do it pro bono. Maybe i'll do it myself.

- Painting again. I used to paint all the time.

- Stretching in the morning. I want to be bendy.

- Thinking about maybe getting my hair cut. I mean, not short -- i would freak out. But i've never had a professional cut my hair. I've always just trimmed it myself. Am i missing out on something fabulous? Maybe i'll make a video blog of "My First Haircut." I wish Stacy at Joseph's did hair. She did the most beautiful makeup last week at my photo shoot. Maybe i'll have her recommend someone, and we'll bring along the video crew.

- Learning that Henry Miller is not good treadmill reading. I should go back to Harry Potter.

peter searcy tour this weekend
Tonight: Dayton, Ohio
Tomorrow: Louisville @ noon for WFPK's Live Lunch
Tomorrow night: Lexington
Saturday night: Cincinnati

0 comments