Derby, Texas, Bob Schneider, Suzy Bogguss.

After 18 hours and thirty-three minutes in my Mom's Camry yesterday, two books, and several podcasts, I am in Texas. You may wonder what a good Kentucky girl is doing away from Kentucky on DERBY WEEKEND. I am wondering the same thing.

Thankfully, I remember my TwinSpires.com password, and we're throwing a Derby Party here in Texas. Also, we've got a house full of out-of-towners crashing and celebrating at the Louisville house, so at least it's getting its annual celebration, even if we're not there to supervise.

But in good news, the high today is 91 degrees, which is just about the perfect temperature. FWT is taking the cover off the pool at his parents' house right now, and I'm biding my time until I can practice my backflips.

I'll keep you posted on my wagering and my Texas Kentucky Derby Party, but in the mean time ... I'll be back in time to play with Bob Schneider at Phoenix Hill on Tuesday, May 10. Y'all should be over your Derby hangovers by then, so I'll see you next week.

In the mean time, enjoy a video of Suzy Bogguss singing "Red River Valley" with me on the accordion. Thanks to Audrey Cecil and Amanda Lucas for taking photos/videos of that show. It was a good one. (Go hear them play sometime!)

0 comments