Music and Spring tours!

I'm back from Texas. It was a dreadful ride home, with snow and wind and bad drivers. I thought the December road trip included the most car wrecks I'd ever seen, but this trip topped them all. This time I saw a cattle truck turned over, and if you think it's sad to see a mushed deer, you'd cringe at the images of dead cattle I've got burned in my memory. This is yet another reason that I prefer touring in Europe: shorter drives and less roadkill.

I'm in full work mode, however, and I'm getting excited about a lot of my upcoming adventures. For those of you who have forgotten that I was a musician before I was a blogger, here are some upcoming tour dates:

Louisville/ Fri. March 26: solo show at The Monkey Wrench (along with Paul K & the Weathermen, Adventure, and Ron Whitehead ... show at 9... still waiting to find out my set-time)
Birmingham, AL/ Thur. April 15: Brigid Kaelin and Peter Searcy. We're playing a well-known house concert series called Small Stages.
Atlanta, GA/ Fri April 16: Brigid Kaelin and Peter Searcy. Playing Smith's Olde Bar, the downstairs room. We've got a hot drummer for this one, so we'll both be trios.
Atlanta, GA/ Sat. April 17: Atlanta Dogwood Festival. Brigid Kaelin Trio plays at 2:00. Peter Searcy Trio plays at 3:00. Free festival.
Louisville, KY. Sun April 18: Grand Re-opening of the Kentucky Derby Museum at Churchill Downs.

Then ... it's Derby Time.

Then ... UK Tour! Late May/Early June in England, Scotland, and Wales. Specific shows to be announced soon.

I'm really looking forward to doing some video blogging from the road.

Okay... i'm in work-mode now, so I shall bid you farewell. More rants and raves to come I'm sure.

0 comments