Mardi Gras fun in Louisville!

It's Mardi Gras! That doesn't mean much in Louisville, of course, but we do still like any good excuse for a party. I'm booked tonight (along with every other accordion player in town, I suspect) playing a private event, but there are plenty of other good Mardi Gras parties going on in town. If I weren't booked already, I'd be heading out to Uncle Slayton's for the Billy Goat Strut Revue's show tonight.

If you haven't heard the Billy Goat Strut Revue, well, first ... think again because you MAY have heard them at my farewell show right before I headed off to Scotland. You see, they were the opening band, and I used to sing with them! It's one of many jobs I was bummed to give up when I moved abroad.

I can tell you now, however, that there is not a more perfect frontwoman in this town for BGSR than Laura Ellis, aka @funambulator, whose song "Inertia" (from her days in Shine-Ola) has been stuck in my head for approximately eleven years. Laura's voice has long been a favorite of mine, and she is certainly a better dresser than I am. She's also wicked smart and always makes me smile.

Anyway, if you're looking for fun and sweet New Orleans music tonight, head down to Uncle Slayton's. Here's the Facebook event.

details:

8:30 pm

a lucky $7 @ the door gets you in, be on the lookout for King Cake, happy beads, a drink special or 2, and a surprise or 10 thrown in just cuz. doors open at 8 and the show cranks up at 8:30 so no messin' around - get there!

1 comments

  1. Stress can be relentless for all involved with having to wait for problem solving solutions or unable to communicate effectively when needed.
    You can do this even if you don’t have any computer skills or any computer experience.
    Bayesian filters calculate the probability that
    an email is spam based on its content and are adaptive and self-learning.



    Have a look at my homepage: telefon sex

    ReplyDelete