As promised, I will be giving away 2 Reserved-Seats to the HullabaLOU Festival at Churchill Downs (for Saturday, July 24) to one lucky blog-reader. This is extra-special because even I don't get Reserved Seats to the shows, and it took a lot of effort to not just keep these tickets for myself. But no, I follow the rules, and I am supposed to give away the tickets to a lucky fan. Since I don't have any other concerts before HullabaLOU, I've decided to give them away on the blog.
Other bands playing HullabaLOU on Sat July 24 include: Kenny Chesney, Ben Folds, Al Green, Huey Lewis & the News, Joan Osborne, Government Mule, Sara Evans, Jason Aldean, Ricky Skaggs, and one of my favorite local bluegrass acts, Relic. It'll be a great day, plus it'll be my Birthday Eve.
Here are the rules:
1) You will receive ONE entry per person, per blog I post, beginning July 7, 2010, and running through midnight Eastern time on July 15, 2010. You get an entry by commenting on my blog. It's that simple. You may make that comment on http://BrigidKaelin.blogspot.com OR on my Facebook Pages (my blog is automatically imported to Facebook each day), either my personal page: www.facebook.com/brigidkaelin or my FAN page www.facebook.com/brigidkaelinmusic. Those are the only three versions of my blog from which I will accept comments as entries (not MySpace). If you comment as "Anonymous," you don't get an entry, unless you leave your name and contact info in the comment box.
2) The winner's name will be pulled from a nice cowboy hat -- you know how I love hats -- on Friday, July 16, 2010.
3) You must be able to use the tickets yourself in order to win. The tickets will be at Will Call at Churchill Downs under your name, and you must present photo ID to get in.
4) The tickets are for Saturday, July 24, 2010, the day that I'm playing.
5) If you win, it would be nice if you came to my stage to hear me play, but I suppose that isn't technically a rule.
6) Anyone is eligible to win, even friends and family. There are a lot of Kaelins out there, so don't be mad if I draw a relative out of the hat. I promise to be completely honest about this. (Otherwise, wouldn't I have just kept these tickets for myself??)
Great, so all you have to do is comment on this blog for one entry, and comment on any and all blogs up until July 15, 2010, for multiple entries to win, but you only get one chance per blog entry. I might even try to blog about music and not just rants and raves about bad television and tomato-eating squirrels.
My sweet little privileged boys playing in the show! Every woman I know is on fire lately. Whether that means finally seeking out therap...
Gooooood Monday morning, y'all! I'm writing from the Norton Cancer Institute where, for the first time in months, I'm able to ac...
I mean, why does it matter how you fold DIAPERS when they are just gonna get POOPED on anyway? How do you all sort out laundry with y...