"Man"-icures and vampires.

I'm over at Friend-Who-Cooks-Pancakes's house right now, borrowing his laptop and internet while I get some business out of the way. He's recently Self-Employed (note the optimism here), and he has discovered the joys of daytime television.

I have an amazing ability to tune out daytime television while I work, but simultaneously absorb all the important pop culture references. This comes from my three-year stint working at CBS News Productions, where my cubicle-mate and I had a television in out tiny cube. She always arrived at 9:00 to catch Regis & Kathie/Kelly. I got there in time for Rosie, followed by The View. We then switched to MSNBC for a while (yes, I know that seems strange for CBS employees), then we watched Carson Daly's TRL on MTV until it was time for the live Letterman feed from the Ed Sullivan Theater at 5:00. We still managed to produce a full hour-long documentary every eight weeks or so. And I happen to know the entire dance from the "Oops, I did it again!" video.

Anyway, I'm ignoring Friend-who-cook-Pancakes while he watches The View, but I noticed that his toes are still shiny from the pedicure we got several weeks ago.

He'd never gotten a pedicure before, but I thought it would be a perfect solution to his bad mood. He was a bit grumbly about having to read "Allure" rather than "ESPN," but once the calf massage and hot-oil foot dip started, he was all smiles. He was, in fact, so calm after the "man"-icure, that he was talked into going to see He's Just Not That Into You, which may just be the worst movie I have ever seen.

Maybe today is the day we get another pedicure and see Twilight (again).

Or I could go swimming and get some business done. At least our toes are still shiny.

0 comments