Ok, so that thing's been going around Facebook for a while now, and I didn't post one. Today, however, I'm having one of those what-the-hell-am-i-going-to-blog-about days, so instead, I'm posting a 25-things-list.
1. When people ask me what my favorite color is, I always say purple. But really, it's red.
2. I had Perfect Attendance from kindergarten through 12th grade. When I graduated, I received a silver bowl with my name engraved on it. The kids who did this the year before me received a trip to France.
3. I have never been camping.
4. I once climbed Mount Fuji in Japan overnight with a backpack and a headlamp to watch the sun rise from above the clouds.
5. I own a stick shift car, but I am terrified to drive it in actual traffic. My dad and I traded cars about two years ago, and I drive his Volvo wagon. He drives my Acura Integra.
6. My favorite food is watermelon. And lately, nachos.
7. When blue M&M's came out, I refused to eat them. Food should not be blue.
8. I met my college roommate on an America Online chat room when I was sixteen. We are still BFF's, and I'm going to visit her house in Austin in March.
9. I've never been to continental Europe. Well, not exactly true ... I spent three days in Paris once, but that's it. Paris doesn't count.
10. I've been to five island nations: New Zealand, Iceland, Ireland, UK, and Japan.
11. When I worked in news, I once interviewed Susan Lucci and Colin Powell for the same segment: about dolls made in their likenesses. Riveting news.
12. The last piece of meat I ate was in high school: a Bambi burger from the Bambi bar. No, that's not venison. It's a burger joint in Louisville.
13. My mother is Jewish and my father is Catholic, which means I can never marry Prince William, unless he wants to give up the throne. No Protestant blood flows within me:(
14. I am obsessed with the last-minute vacation deals on Travelocity.com, and wonder if I might go to Jamaica this afternoon. It's under $600.
15. When I lived in New York, I was once driven home in a motorcade.
16. I secretly love doing my taxes.
17. My favorite number is 17.
18. I would love to go to graduate school for the rest of my life, but instead insist on going the library at least once a week.
19. I pay the library a lot of money in fines.
20. I love my job because I get to see people smile and enjoy themselves. When I worked in news, it was all heartache and destruction. I prefer making people feel good.
21. I once flew to Omaha, Nebraska, to audition for Teen Jeopardy! I did not make the show, but the captain of our high school's rival Quick Recall team won the entire Teen Jeopardy! championship that year.
22. I did not date in high school. Not surprising.
23. My second instrument is the cello, but I quit orchestra in the 7th grade to join the chorus. I can still play the cello, but I wish I could reeeeeeeally play the cello.
24. I am terrible at sports, but I have never lost a game of croquet.
25. My birthday is July 25, and my Amazon Wish List Registry is: http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/31IMIJ5QBYWPD. Tee hee hee.
Have a great weekend, everyone. Thanks for reading. My creativity another day.
Read more: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=19356498&blogId=471986609#ixzz0tgyNluNB
Gooooood Monday morning, y'all! I'm writing from the Norton Cancer Institute where, for the first time in months, I'm able to ac...
We were both so so so excited on election day at 9am. What a depressing week last week was. I'm still in denial. Followed by massive...
One of my craziest appearances was when I was maybe 4 months postpartum with my firstborn and did my first public appearance in the United S...
They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. Well, I've been taking a yoga class 6-7x a week since January 4, and guess what ... I feel be...